Friday, March 02, 2007

Biron Debuts, Flyers Win in Beantown


Great game last night. I loved the Gagne-Carter-Upshall line...Carter was dominant last night, despite not scoring. I still stand by my prediction that he will be a 50-goal scorer someday...and someday soon.

I like the idea of Hatcher playing forward and in front of the goaltender on the PP. But he has no business on the point during the power play.

I can't stand Stefan Ruzicka. I know he's still a kid, but he takes dumb penalties and always looks to shoot first, instead of the pass. I haven't given up on him, but he's got a ways to go.

Biron started out a little shaky, but was great the final three periods (including OT). He made some huge saves, especially on the Bruins two short-handed breakaway attempts.

I like Alex Picard more and more each game...but he still has many defensive liabilities.

Flyers News:
Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren said that the Phantoms have acquired center Jared Ross from the AHL's Chicago Wolves and loaned right winger Niko Dimitrakos to the Wolves.
Ross, 24, has seven goals and eight assists for 15 points in 41 games for the Wolves this season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home